Find Flexible Packaging Solutions
Plastic bottles and containers are well-known for their abilities to house a wide variety of products, including pharmaceuticals, vitamins, foods and beverages, health and beauty items, household and garden products, and automotive and garden items.
While these plastic containers still remain very common and well-used, another type of packaging has been showing a strong rate of growth. Flexible packaging is bringing pouches, films, and foils into your market on an exceptional scale. This form of packaging has definitely been moving into the pharmaceutical market, working to reduce your packaging costs, minimize waste, attract your customers' attention past the usual plastic bottles and containers, all while maintaining your products' condition as well as freshness.
How do you find your flexible packaging solution?
When you're planning for flexible packaging for your pharmaceutical products, you should search for a consultant who can provide you with a range of solutions that suit your needs. For example, with pouches, their shapes can be customized. By doing so, you take the advantage of the wide range of barrier requirements for your products. There is also a wide number of new applications that offer solutions for granulated, viscous, powered, and liquid products.
You should also take into consideration these important areas:
- How do your customers view your products?
- Is there a cost savings in the manufacturing process?
- What are the transportation costs like?
- What is its environmental impact?
Determine what the manufacturer and customer needs
In addition to the aforementioned questions posed, as a pharmaceutical company, you have to be aware of other factors for your products. Think about these and see what your answers are:
- Can the flexible packaging be recycled?
- Can your customers easily open your packaging?
- Can you realize longer shelf lives?
- Is there more convenience to have your product being produced in flexible packaging?
- Is your chosen flexible packaging sustainable?
- How does your packaging method affect the carbon footprint?
- How will this packaging affect the overall environment?
Flexible packaging also provides an ideal way to promote your company. It can literally serve as a billboard for your brand. You can use a variety of colorful graphics and a variety of other graphic capabilities that can make your products stand out from your competition.
Your packaging consultant will go the extra mile with these questions to help you decide if flexible packaging is the best solution for you. Look for these factors to discuss with your consultant.
The benefits of flexible packaging
As a pharmaceutical company, there are numerous benefits to using this form of packaging:
- Less storage space is required
- Less solid waste - 50 percent reduction in landfill waste
- Reduced packaging materials - 40 percent less overall packaging costs
- Lower shipping costs - Its packaging's reduced weight and overall bulk requires less energy to ship than traditional rigid bottles and containers.
- Reduced storage saving - This form of packaging can result in storage space savings of over 90 percent
- Reduced freight savings - You can realize freight savings of up to 85 percent
- Improved worker safety
- 71 percent in BTU consumption
- Control of the transmission of oxygen, light, flavor, moisture, microbes, and other elements
- Resistance to cracking as well as resistance to chemicals and oils
In today's environmentally strong climate, your chosen packaging consultant will also be able to advise you as to how to make your product eco-friendly.
When you use recycling, you are using less materials than the usual plastic. It also will generate far less waste when compared to plastics.
What consumers want from your packaging
Customers are now demanding packaging that is highly portable as well as eco-friendly. Today sees more consumers who are increasingly on-the-go and want single serving packages of their drugs and vitamins rather than having to carry full bottles. They also want their pharmaceutical products to have an excellent shelf life.
There are numerous other areas that consumers have focused on when it comes to flexible packaging. These include:
- Ease of use and convenient transportation of the packaging
- Smaller, easily disposable, and lighter packaging for easier consumption on the go
- No mess applicators and dispensers that result in less packaging
- Cost effectiveness of the drug or vitamin product
Choosing the right flexible packaging for your products can be difficult and vital to your branding. MJS Packaging offers the best customer service and lowest prices for your pharmaceutical product packaging. We have exclusive access to manufacturers from all around the world so we can advise you on the best bottles, tubes, closures, caps, and other packaging needs you may have.